Ask a question
As of April 1st 2013 NHS Diabetes became part of NHS Improving Quality. Please direct your enquiry to email@example.com
Thank you, your question has been sent. We aim to get back to you within five working days.
Sorry you didn't find this page useful
If you'd like to share any comments with us please fill in the form below.
* Required field
Thank you, your comments have been sent.
1 Nov 2012
NDIS Webinar: applying programme budgeting data to local diabetes care
12pm on Tuesday 4 December 2012
Overview of the session
This webinar will introduce the Spend and Outcomes Factsheet and Tool (SPOT), focusing on its application in diabetes care. The tool and factsheets use programme budgeting data and overall indicators of health outcome by programme (where available) to present PCTs and CCGs with an analysis of the impact of their expenditure. The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Outline of programme budgeting - what it is and what it tells you
- Using and interpreting SPOT to identify areas on which you should focus locally
- Examining possible shifts in investment and their potential impact in improving the health of your population or the quality of care provided
- Using SPOT in a local area what you might do next with your findings
- Exploring similar ways in which the Diabetes Outcomes versus Expenditure (DOVE) tool can be used
About the presenter
The session will be led by Sue Baughan, health economist and Assistant Director for Knowledge Transfer at Yorkshire and Humber Public Health Observatory (YHPHO). The tool was commissioned by the Department of Health and its development led by YHPHO on behalf of the network of Public Health Observatories in England.
Who should attend?
CCG clinical leads, CCG diabetes leads, consultants in public health, health analysts, and other health professionals with a particular interest in improving diabetes services.
How do I book?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, job title and the name of the webinar which you wish to attend. You will receive an email confirming your registration and provides information about how to join.
Find out more about our NDIS webinars programme.