- Diabetes NICE Quality Standards: putting knowledge into practice
- Regional insulin safety and knowledge project
- NICE quality standards diabetes in adults event
- Regional briefings
- North East Paediatric Diabetes Network
- North West Paediatric Diabetes Network
- Yorkshire and the Humber Paediatric Diabetes Network
Diabetes care areas - click here to navigate to care area page
Ask a question
As of April 1st 2013 NHS Diabetes became part of NHS Improving Quality. Please direct your enquiry to email@example.com
Thank you, your question has been sent. We aim to get back to you within five working days.
Yorkshire and the Humber Paediatric Diabetes Network
We are aiming to develop a care model for children and young people with diabetes that enables consistent, high quality access to care no matter where it is delivered across Yorkshire and the Humber.
The paediatric diabetes network brings together clinicians, service users, carers and commissioners across Yorkshire and the Humber to improve services and share good practice.
Current projects undertaken by the network include:
- Peer review pilot a process of visiting each others sites in order to learn, share good practice and help to improve services across Yorkshire and Humber
- National Diabetes Audit collection and submission of data on all children and young people to the NDA and the production of a local report that provides comparisons on key areas and encourages the sharing of good practice.
- Exploring uplift in tariff working nationally to ensure that tariff reflects the requirements of a good quality paediatric diabetes service in secondary care
- Exploring sustainability of the Register looking at how the Yorkshire Register of Diabetes in Children and Young People can continue to run
- Development of the service specification a service specification has been requested by commissioners to define a quality paediatric secondary care service
- Learning set development for diabetes specialist nurses (DSNs), dietitians and others across the region a chance for professional groups to come together to find solutions to common problems
- Efficiency clinics - a chance for local teams to learn how to make their service more efficient
Dates for 2013
25th January, 9.30 12.30, Hatfield Hall Normanton Golf Club
22nd March, 9.30 12.30
14th June, 9.30 12.30
20th September, 9.30 12.30
29th November, 9.30 12.30
Paediatric Forum and Document Library
- Evaluating the process and perceived impact of the Regional Paediatric Diabetes Network Coordinators: Yorkshire and Humber - Sept 2012 (PDF 2.4MB)